HOW WE DO IT
WHAT WE ARE
At its core, coaching is a partnership. You and your coach will work together to determine how you are “wired” and identify your main personality traits. We also work on developing your personal brand. You will learn how human brains behave under certain circumstances and the neuroscience behind how this may prevent you from being your best. While we approach much of the work as a team, YOU have to do a lot of the heavy lifting, and it can be difficult at times. Our discussions are completely confidential, and we will go as deep as you are willing. We have some bedrock principles that we review and assess along the way to make sure you are ready to move or “climb” to the next level. Physical and emotional wellness is one of the first “rocks” or hurdles we examine to make sure you are ready for the journey. Next we review your equipment and your balance, while charting a detailed, safe path to the summit. While helping you find and define your “true north,” your coach will hold you accountable, but also have your back and ensure that your journey is a success.
WHAT NORTH ROCK LEADERSHIP COACHING IS NOT…
• A generic, cookie-cutter franchise, and coaching program—It is 100% personalized.
• All fun—For example, exercise isn’t always fun, but it does lead to better results.
• A “one and done” program—we help you build habits to make them sustainable.
”It‘s been great working with Joe over the last several months. Joe taught me how to plan for interviews, have a clear agenda and objectives, and visualize the success of the situation. He is very good at crystallizing overwhelming opportunities into simple questions and answers. Working with Joe has helped me clarify my thoughts and goals, become more focused and productive, and provided accountability and positive support. Joe is very flexible and informed about so many fields and has coached me on many topics from business and finance planning, to resumes and letters writing, to networking. I’ll continue to learn from Joe as he is an inspiring mentor with a sense of lifework balance. Thank you Joe!”
—Rouane Itani, Communications Consultant/ Multimedia Produce
• We have an on-boarding process that includes a questionnaire, an in depth personality behavior assessment, and a personal strengths assessment—in addition to an initial 90-minute session.
• We develop a picture of who you are now and create a vision of where you want to grow.
• We meet twice monthly via phone and in person occasionally for 45-60 minutes with follow-ups in-between to check in on specific actions, commitments, and your assignments. We check in on your physical and emotional wellness and use tools and concepts to help you create more awareness around habits, such as appreciative inquiry and the Transtheoretical Model (TTM) of Change.
• You can contact your coach between sessions with specific questions or concerns.
• North Rock will bill you monthly for the fee amount and you can cancel at any time.
“Joe was extremely helpful in facilitating both one on one sessions and a team off-site retreat for our growing commercial real estate company located in Washington, D.C. Joe’s corporate America background, along with his practical and grounded approach, allowed us to focus on a few important key metrics that we continuously monitor and use to hold ourselves accountable. We would highly recommend Joe to any organization that is facing growth, looking to stay organized as well as develop systems to hold team members (including executives) accountable”
—Langdon Hample, Partner, Congressional Commercial Inc.
Questions about our program?
Call Joe at 301-535-2537